Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WiP Wednesday 5/23/12

Normally I'm a crocheter but now I know how many of you knitters feel casting on multiple projects! Here's what I've got going (and in the works):

I cast on a Lazy Lace Snood a few days ago and it's flying along (well, as much as it can fly for my knitting speed):

I'm using Jo-Ann's brand of yarn Sensations Caribbean in Metallic White. Of course flecks of glitter never show up well in pictures but I'm in love with this "just the right amount of sparkle" yarn.

Received my Knit Picks order yesterday as well which will certainly be in progress soon!

I picked up two colourways of Chroma Fingering that were on clearance and already have projects picked out for them!


The New England colourway will be made into Autumn Leaves.
That will likely be the first time that I make a project in the exact yarn/colourway as the sample shows, weird as that sounds.


The Mix Tape colourway will become Abyssal.

One of those two will hopefully be cast on by the end of this week so I"ll have some small progress for next Wednesday!

I also picked up 3 skeins of Knit Picks Dishie yarn to whip up some face cloths to keep in the kitchen at my daughter's level for her to use. I'm not much of a pink person but figured she needed at least one shade of pink in there and I have to admit I'm becoming attached to this shade.


From left to right: Kenai, Mulberry and Begonia
The Kenai is a tad smaller looking in the picture because I couldn't wait and already finished up a dishcloth in that one.

Surprisingly I don't have much crochet going on right now, I'm joining in a CAL that starts on Friday (info here) so that'll be progress for next week as well!

Oh! Can't forget the Twitter Mystery KAL! Look how it's progressing! I'm loving it so far!

For this I'm using Bernat Super Value in Teal Heather.

1 comment:

  1. Really liking the projects you picked for Chroma. Can't wait to see how they come out!

    ReplyDelete