Friday, September 30, 2011

We all have to start somewhere

Yes, I currently have a default blog style from Blogger.
Yes, this is currently my only blog post.

But you have to start somewhere, right?

I used to be the owner/frequent updater of a Livejournal back in the days of high school when blogging wasn't as popular and having an "LJ" meant you ranted about your high school drama and your friends commented in support. Thank goodness those days are now defunct.

Blogs today are so fun to read and I wanted back in on the action. My husband and I have our own travel blog that we love to update when we take great hikes/trips but I wanted my OWN space. One to share my adventures in crafting, one to discuss projects with others.

Enough about intros, lets get to the point (or is it the hook?) or both? I've got an abundance of wips, things on the to do list and upcoming CALs that start soon!

I decided to go up to my stash and see what I had to work with. I've got my three bins: (1) yarn designated for a project (2) yarn scraps (including random 1/2 skeins, etc.) and (3) full skeins of yarn I own that are essentially homeless (they have no designated project). I figure once I get a few followers on here, we're going to play "Let's help Nicole clear her stash" in the form of me showing you a picture of a skein of yarn I have and you tossing out ideas on how to cleverly use it.

The large bag of full skeins that are homeless:

The half skeins, odds and ends box:

The "I have a home and project, please knit or crochet me :)" :


Before that begins, I might as well do the run down of what I'm working on so I'm able to keep everyone up to speed on progress with the projects!

(1) Tie Front Top

(2) Ropes and Ladders Scarf

(3) Vortex (Part of a CAL in a Ravelry group I'm in)


Projects starting soon:
(1) Dusty Snowflake Throw (Red Heart's Fall CAL)
(2) Betty's Tunisian Tee (CrochetMe's latest CAL)
(3) Leafy Washcloth (CAL within another Rav group)
(4) Baby Gifts for a Friends (several different items for several different people but certainly I can't share them here in case until their finished and given to the recipient)
And then there's my Rav queue that contains 32 projects all using yarn I already have therefore making my current queue the official "stash-buster projects" but more on those later.

I'm excited to get back into the world of blogging and sharing my progress and reviews of various projects and patterns. I'm also excited to hear what you're working on and projects you'd recommend for me to review.

Feel free to say hello on Ravelry, don't be a stranger!
I know how it is to be a "lurker" on blogs/boards because I used to do it which is surprising since I don't shut up if you know me in person!

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh that you too had an LJ during high school--I'm beginnig to think just about everyone I know did at some point! lol.

    I'm so glad you've started up a crocheting/crafting blog! Because being a geeky blogger-type already, I'm always excited to add blogs to me feed reader of people I actually *gasp* know. ;) Can't wait to see your progress on some of these projects (hopefully which will get me going enough to start on some Christmas gifts I wanted to crochet... ;)!

    - Casey
    elegantmusings.com

    ReplyDelete