Friday, March 9, 2012

Made it Hap-Pin #3

So in continuing my series of Maine canvas paintings, I finished up the final two this week. All that's left is to put on a coat of sealer and hang them up!



I popped a shot of the lobster one in again on the bottom so you could see the set all together :). I'm pretty happy with them and my husband agrees the brush strokes give it a nice effect as opposed to just doing the spray paint on them.

Don't forget to link up over at Knit2Together and show off your "Made it Hap-Pin" project!

6 comments:

  1. those are just brilliant!! where are you hanging them again? be sure to post another picture of them hung up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll definitely post a picture this Friday when they're hung up! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I LOVE these paintings! They look gorgeous, and so fun to celebrate some state pride. Now I'm trying to brainstorm what a good series of Utah paintings would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so so easy and quick to do too! I'm sure the original spray paint that the directions called for would have made them go even quicker but I like the texture and brush strokes.

      Delete
  3. Nicole, those are great! So proud of you for doing your pin and wow, what a pin this project turned out to be. Where are you going to put the in your house? (Sorry if I missed that)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The location has been debated several times by the husband and myself but it looks like they'll be staggered going up one of our staircases. Hope to have a picture this week!

      Delete