Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WiP Wednesday 2/20/13



Wow do I have a lot to show you today! I went on a cast on spree last week and now have four knitting projects in progress. If you know me, I'm much more of a crocheter so for me to have that many knitting projects around is unusual!

First up, an Antler Cardigan by Tin Can Knits. I'm making this for my 18 month daughter in the 1-3 yr old size. I've already finished the sleeves and am working on the body in Red Heart Soft (color: Guacamole). For right now it's my easy whenever I have time project because I'm at the stockinette portion of things but once I get to the cables up top I'll have to use something else as a mindless project.


Next up...another hat. I'm making a Little Bough by Kydel. It's part of this month's KAL in her Ravelry group (which is ALMOST at 100 members, check it out) and I'm loving it so far! I'm using Stylecraft Special DK in the color Fondant. It's got easy cables but it's definitely one I have to pay attention to so it's usually reserved for when the little one is napping.


Third, I'm working on a Trillian shawl with some mill ends that I bought at AC Moore. I'm sure I won't even make a dent in this pile of mill ends working on this but I NEVER find sock yarn in those bags so I couldn't pass it up! It's another mindless knit that I can do whenever and I love it so far, it's squishy!


Last but certainly not least I started some Easy Peasy Socks by Stacey Trock. I had done a "practice" pair of socks awhile back with a child's pattern (that I'll absolutely make again) but decided I wanted to try a pair to fit myself. They're made in worsted weight which to me is perfect for a beginner getting to know the construction and details of making a sock. It's a little more instant gratification than sock yarn too since it goes much quicker. I figure they'll make some nice socks for inside my hiking boots or even just slipper socks for around the house! I'm using Vanna's Choice Baby in Pink Poodle.


I'm taking part in the Million Rows Challenge on Ravelry still and I'm up to 4,815 rows since September 2012. That's only counting FO's so the above aren't included just yet even though I've complete a total of 354 rows so far in those 4 projects.

Happy to be getting a few "firsts" out of the way too. First REAL pair of socks and first knit cardigan! I'm excited!

Don't forget to check out http://tamisamis.blogspot.com for plenty more WIP Wednesday posts!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like my view. 4 projects and nothing to show for it! Oh well, eventually they will all be done. Love the Trillian colors!

    ReplyDelete