Monday, February 27, 2012

Pick A Pin #1


Time for my first Pick A Pin post!

My first one is off my "For the Home" board.

The project comes from V and Co. whose site has a lot of very, very cute tutorials (both free and for sale). Her book, Make It Sew Modern has officially caught my eye as well. It came out the beginning of this year, I'll have to look into it more because I'm highly intrigued!!

So my project for the week is somewhat based on her "Make Your Own Custom Art" tutorial that silhouettes a shape on a piece of canvas and then spray paints the background remainder of the canvas. Feel free to click the link for the tutorial so you can see exactly what I'm talking about via her beautiful pictures.

My take on the project will be still on canvas but using a cutout to block off my silhouette area and paint the remainder of the canvas in acrylic. I want to see how the brush strokes will pan out looks wise for a unique effect.

The husband and I have always enjoyed Maine so I'm doing a 3 canvas "set" of these silhouettes. It'll be a several week process as I have many projects going on and a little one on the move. My crocheting can be done during the day but paint will have to wait until the evening.

Can't wait to show off the first canvas on Friday!

Supplies are all ready to go! The only difference is the paint in the picture. I thought I would have enough for all 3 but shook the bottle and quickly realized that wasn't going to happen so I have 3 new colors for the set :)

**Don't forget to link up over at Knit2Together and share your Pinterest project for the week!**

1 comment: