Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mill Ends...oh what you can find!

So I had to make my way to AC Moore this morning and get one last skein of blue for my snowflake throw and go in search of two picture frames (one for a Christmas present, the other for my house).

Now of course we all know you can't go down the yarn aisles and JUST get that one skein you went for. I happened to pass by the mill ends bags which are always fantastic deals at 6.99/bag (today turns out they were only $5.24 so even better!

Knowing your yarn comes in handy looking at these bags because if you can identify what it is, you can always buy more of it later if you start a project and need it. I had wanted to try out the Bernat Mosaic yarn for awhile and unless someone can prove me wrong, it appears this is a mill ends bag of Mosaic in the "Aura" colorway. As you can see by the picture of the bag, obviously that's plenty more than one skein so getting all of that for less than the usual price of $5.99/skein.


Excuse the glare on the second picture, I was that excited to take a picture when I got home. There's six skeins of mystery yardage in that bag but based on my experience with these mill end bags in the past, they're usually quite close to the actual skein :)

Needless to say I'm ecstatic! Time to find the perfect project and if I ever need more since I don't exactly know how much I have, there's always 40% and 50% discount coupons to the craft stores in the paper every week!

Ok excitement done now, I couldn't resist sharing!

4 comments:

  1. Cute yarn! Can't wait to see what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yarn is really cool too! Cannot wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Please send me any quick crochet patterns you might have on your list, okay? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So YOU'RE the one taking all the good ends! :P

    ReplyDelete