Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Chevron Lace Cardigan

I started my pink Chevron Lace Cardigan this past week and have made pretty good progress on it so far.

Above is the first five base rows just to show the nice pattern starting to form.

Below is where the project stands now. I'm about one row below the sleeve chains and now that I'm looking at the picture, it looks like I'm making a baby garment but I'm not, I promise! This thing whips up quite quick and it wouldn't surprise me if I finish be before October is through even with all of my other projects going on!


I also managed to finish square 2 of 4 for the little one's Vortex blankie. This one is out of  TLC Cotton Plus which I forgot is so soft and perfect for blankie! I want to make a top out of it so I'll have to see what I can find. Square number 3 will get started around November 1st as I'm aiming to do one per month to finish it by the end of the year.

Last, I'm just as obsessed as the next person with sock yarn. I've got this skein of Serenity Sock Weight that to me is screaming to become some fingerless mitts.

I'm an ok knitter but I absolutely stink at double pointed and circulars for whatever reason so after fighting with dpn for about a half hour, I basically put them away, went back on Ravelry and found myself a crochet pattern instead. I need some good beginner projects to work on my use of dpn and circulars because otherwise my knitting is highly limited.

Anyone do anything for I LOVE YARN Day last Friday, the 14th? One of the groups I'm a part of on Ravelry had a little contest for crocheting up these five little cuties:

They were very fun and quick to whip up, I very much enjoyed using some stash yarn for things.Thinking that tomorrow's blog post will be my (and the rest of the world's) obsession with granny squares as of late. I've found great projects for the queue lately that I'm anxious to complete!

0 comments:

Post a Comment