Sunday, October 30, 2011

Squee Sunday #1

I'm glad to keep participating in all the random blog post days from groups on Rav because honestly it keeps me motivated to blog and motivated to keep working on projects so I have something to share! I've already said I had a million projects going on but....my squee today? I convinced the hubby that we needed a giant ripple blanket for our bed and he's good with the idea! Big squee in my book for being able to buy more yarn :-P.  I think I'm going to end up getting this kit:

Normally I don't go for the kits but for the current price and being that it had the ideal color choice that we wanted, it worked out. I"ll have to buy a few extra skeins eventually (it's Herrschners Worsted 8, I love that yarn and it's a great bargain) but this will get a good start for sure!

Herrschners is also my BFF this week because they sell the Caron Simply Soft Light! I was bummed to not find it this week on my trip to various craft store (most likely because it's still too new I assume) and finding it sold out on a lot of sites but Herrschners came through and has it...in stock!

I figured I had every right to squee about something that's not physically in my hands just yet since it will be soon and I couldn't contain my excitement! Figures my first Squee Sunday post is about yarn hahahaha, that's how exciting the week has been.

Make sure to click the link above and check out what others are squee-ing about today on this lovely Autumn (with snow on the ground) Sunday.


3 comments:

  1. It's always exciting to have permission to buy lots of yarn! And if you're not excited about a new project, there's no point starting it, so I think you have every right to Squee

    ReplyDelete
  2. $30 for a giant ripple-ghan is a great price! I can't wait to see it as you make it.

    I've had weeks that are just about yarn, too. It'll be a while before I can do that again.

    I didn't know about Simply Soft Light. That would be a fabulous alternative for some patterns that call for sport weight when you don't want Bernat Baby in it's pale boring colors. I'll have to look out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a beautiful afghan. It's always great to get to buy yarn:)

    ReplyDelete