Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stash Showdown

Went upstairs and had a quick 15-20 minutes to take a gander at my stash that doesn't have projects yet and came up with a few ideas.

I somehow have four random skeins of Lion Brand Homespun that all coordinate. Pretty sure they coordinate because this is my "home color family" also known as the group of colors I gravitate to all the time for projects it seems. These four colors are screaming to become a striped bag of sorts, just need to sort through patterns and find the perfect one.

Then I ran across my lovely combination of Bernat Satin and what I believe is a big of Red Heart and Vanna's Choice. Once again, the blues, greens and a rose. Haven't decided what this group will become.


Why not just continue with the blue theme why don't we? Years ago when a million different fashion yarns hit the market somehow I seemed to think it was "cool" to purchase some and years later I'm lucking out that they're all the same color family. These random beauties will be parts of various granny squares for a bag I have in mind along with some left over Caron One Pound that I'll have in Navy.

I'm in love with this yarn and have no idea what to do with it. I could buy a few more skeins and make a top which may end up happening but I got these two skeins at the local Michaels for 50 cents a piece so spending $5/skein seems to not make the bargain as exciting. Possibly use a 50% coupon and at least make it worthwhile somewhat.

Then there's the two skeins of this ribbon yarn I have that may very well be discontinued if I remember right. I'm in LOVE with the color but no clue what to do with it. I have a ball of black shimmery ribbon yarn as well that could alternate in stripes for a cute scarf?

I started my Tunisian tee today and I have to say for a first attempt at Tunisian crochet, it looks mighty amazing :) Will post more once my two base triangles are done.

The first motif for my convertible crochet shawl. The glitter doesn't show up very well and the square isn't blocked yet but you get the idea. Hoping to finish this one in time for the hubby's company holiday party this year if we decide to go.
Might as well finish the post with a FO! Whipped the little one up some winter mittens yesterday. All that's left to do is find some cute ribbon to thread through the wristband. Thinking I'll find something with some sparkle to add the girly touch :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment